Burning Candle Sparks Fire at Mid-City Apartment

Share This Article:
Fire crews on scene of the small blaze at an apartment on 53rd Street between Meade Avenue and Trojan Avenue. Photo: OnSceneTV

Firefighters quickly took care of a small fire caused by a candle at a Mid-City apartment Sunday.

Support Times of San Diego's growth
with a small monthly contribution

A candle ignited a fire on the patio of an apartment on 53rd Street between Meade Avenue and Trojan Avenue, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Monica Munoz.

Firefighters headed to the scene shortly after the fire was reported around 12:40 p.m.

People from inside the apartment were already outside by the time crews arrived, and the fire was out within minutes, Munoz said. The blaze did not have a chance to spread into the building.

–City News Service

Follow Us: