Firefighters quickly took care of a small fire caused by a candle at a Mid-City apartment Sunday.
A candle ignited a fire on the patio of an apartment on 53rd Street between Meade Avenue and Trojan Avenue, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Monica Munoz.
Firefighters headed to the scene shortly after the fire was reported around 12:40 p.m.
People from inside the apartment were already outside by the time crews arrived, and the fire was out within minutes, Munoz said. The blaze did not have a chance to spread into the building.
–City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: