2 Burned After Stove Explodes in Chula Vista Church

Share This Article:
A Chula Vista fire truck. Photo courtesy of the city

Two men were critically burned when a makeshift stove exploded at a Chula Vista church Saturday.

Support Times of San Diego's growth
with a small monthly contribution

The Chula Vista Police Department said the men tried to ignite the stove with lighter fluid which caused the explosion at Calvary Chapel in the 1700 block of East Palomar Street, around 3 p.m.

When fire crews arrived the fire already was extinguished, the Chula Vista Fire Department said. It checked the building for safety reasons.

Both men were taken to UCSD Medical Center, officials said.

City News Service

Follow Us:
Widgets Magazine