Sheriff’s deputies were honored Thursday by the Auto Theft Advisory Committee, a partnership between law enforcement, insurance companies and other businesses working together to reduce car theft.
An awards ceremony was held on Thursday, March 20 at The Prado in Balboa Park to honor the deputies as Officers of the Year for recovering stolen cars across San Diego County.
The following deputies were recognized for arresting 51 people and recovering 167 stolen cars worth nearly $1.1 million in 2013:
- Alpine Station – Deputy Aaron Miller
- Poway Station – Deputy Andrew Peterson
- Encinitas Station – Deputy Marshall Abbott
- San Marcos Station – Corporal Ricardo Carlon
- Fallbrook Substation – Deputy Dave Ertz
- Santee Station – Deputy Devin Kusler
- Lemon Grove Station – Deputy Isaias Gardea
- Imperial Beach Substation – Deputy Joseph Garay
- Valley Center Substation – Deputy Aaron Boer
- Vista Station – Deputy James Balderson
– From a San Diego County Sheriff’s Department news release.