Support Times of San Diego's growth
with a small monthly contribution
“Today we recognized five really great local businesses that are making a difference in San Diego,” said said Jerry Sanders, president and CEO of the chamber. “Like all the various small businesses throughout the county these are the product of hard work, passion, and dedication and their success brings character to our communities, promotes innovation, and fuels the American dream.”
The awards were presented in front of an audience of more than 300 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina. The winners were:
- ElderHelp of San Diego – Winner of the Bill Trumpfheller Social Impact award for companies and nonprofits who are dedicated to helping others and making a positive impact.
- Online Trading Academy – Winner of the Industry Game-Changer award for companies paving the way in creative forward-thinking and innovation.
- Pro Back Office LLC – Winner of the Young Entrepreneur award for companies founded and run by young professionals.
- VetPowered – Winner of the Vets Success award for companies owned by veterans or prioritizing the hiring of veterans.
- Southern Cross Property Consultants – winner of the Customer Service Star award for companies with exemplary customer service.
Sanders said small businesses make up the majority of the chamber’s membership and are an important driver of the regional economy.
Some 95 percent of companies in San Diego County are small businesses with fewer than 50 employees and their employees make up nearly one-half of San Diego’s workforce.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: