with a small monthly contribution
“It was my honor to name The Times of San Diego and Chris Jennewein, its editor and publisher, as my California Small Business Day Honoree,” Block said. “The Times offers its readers online, outstanding comprehensive news.”
“It’s an invaluable service to San Diego and shines as an example of how small businesses serve California communities every day,” he added.
The Times of San Diego is a 2-year-old online news website that reaches nearly 200,000 readers every month. It’s biggest audience is young readers, primarily Millennials and Gen-Xers.
“The Times of San Diego staff has worked hard to become a credible source of news and information for a new generation of San Diegans,” said Jennewein. “We’re honored to receive this recognition. It makes us redouble our efforts to provide San Diego with the best possible coverage of important news.”
The Times of San Diego was one of 80 small businesses from state Assembly and Senate districts honored in Sacramento at California Small Business Day 2016. The annual awards were created by a legislative resolution in 2000 and are sponsored by 25 small business organizations and chambers of commerce.
“We are the talk of the nation for being an economic engine,” Aubry Stone, president and CEO or the California Black Chamber of Commerce, told the honorees. “You really have something to be proud of.”
Other honorees from San Diego County were:
- Prohibition Brewing Company, nominated by state Sen. Patricia Bates in District 36.
- Crystal Gardens Florist, nominated by Sen. Joel Anderson in District 38.
- Videospot, nominated by Assembly Member Rocky Chavez in the District 76.
- Bernardo Winery, nominated by Assembly Member Brian Maienschein in District 77.
- San Diego Markets, nominated by former Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins.
- Wrigley’s Supermarket, nominated by Assembly Member Shirley Weber in District 79.
- And New Leaf Biofuel, nominated by Assembly Member Lorena Gonzalez in District 80.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: