Country stars, 1960s and 1980s hitmakers, political humorists and guitar masters are among the headline talent lined up by Poway OnStage for its 2018-19 professional performance series at the Poway Center for Performing Arts.
“This season we are delighted to welcome old friends and new talents to the Poway stage,” said Michael Rennie, president and CEO. “Returning Poway OnStage alum include perennial Poway favorites and equal opportunity offenders The Capitol Steps, guitar masters the Romeros, and celebrity talents from Dancing with the Stars and American Idol performing the all-new Motown with a Twist.”
“First time appearances include ‘80s hitmakers Starship featuring Mickey Thomas; the Indian-dance-by-way-of-Bollywood spectacular, Mystic India; the wily canine exploits of The Stunt Dog Experience; the revamped Kingston Trio; the inimatable Arlo Guthrie; Irish dance phenomenon Murphy’s Celtic Legacy, and country singer Clay Walker.”
Here’s a complete list of the performances:
- Clay Walker with Special Guest Anna Vaus — Friday, Sep. 14, at 8 p.m.
- Mystic India: The World Tour –Friday, Sept, 28, 2018,at 8 p.m.
- The Romeros — Sunday, Oct. 7, at 2 p.m.
- Starship with Mickey Thomas — Friday, Oct. 12, 2018,at 8 p.m.
- The Stunt Dog Experience — Saturday, Nov. 3, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- The Kingston Trio — Sunday, Nov. 18, at 3 p.m.
- Murphy’s Celtic Legacy — Sunday, Feb. 17, at 7 p.m.
- Arlo Guthrie — Saturday, March 16,at 8 p.m.
- Motown with a Twist — Sunday, March 24, at 2 p.m.
- One Night in Memphis — Saturday, April 13, at 8 p.m.
- The Capitol Steps — Friday, May 3, at 8 p.m.
Tickets are $24 for youth, $44 and up for adults, and available online at PowayOnStage.org.
Poway OnStage is a 26-year-old non-profit organization that offers a professional performing arts series, including music, dance, theater, comedy and more by nationally and internationally-renowned performers. Poway OnStage also hosts an arts in education initiative that serves more than 4,300 students in the Poway Unified School District.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: