The free event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. is part of Fleet Week and commemorates Cabrillo’s landing on Sept. 28, 1542.
Hosted by the Cabrillo Festival and the National Park Service, the event features:
- Cultural music and dancing
- Food from Native Americans, Mexico, Portugal and Spain
- Kumeyaay basket making, knot tying and other crafts
- 16th Century Spanish soldiers living history encampment
- Re-enactment of Cabrillo’s landing at 1 p.m.
The event takes place at Ballast Point, at the end of Rosecrans Street inside the navy base on Point Loma.