Modern architecture is increasingly popular in San Diego amid the classic Spanish Revival style, and a special tour Saturday will highlight six of the latest new homes and remodels.
The 2015 San Diego Modern Home Tour offers full tours of homes from Leucadia to La Mesa and an opportunity to speak with the architects of each.
The event also benefits the San Diego Architectural Foundation, whose mission is to promote outstanding architecture, planning and urban design throughout the San Diego region.
The homes on this year’s tour are:
- Petros Row Homes in Pacific Beach by Nakhshab Development and Design
- A Batter Kay home in Del Mar overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- The “WEDGE House” in University Heights, a complete renovation by Rinehart Herbst of a 1960’s home
- A green, energy-efficient home in La Jolla by Simi Razavian of MSA & Associates Inc.
- A new contemporary home by Zephyr Partners and Mark Gross & Associates in Leucadia
- A complete renovation of a teardown in La Mesa by Stewart Thomas LLC
Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 10. Tickets are $30 in advance online and $40 on the day of the tour. Children under 12 are free when accompanying their parents.