Guided by Ringmaster David Shipman, San Diegans will see a new production called Circus XTREME, which combines traditional elements of the circus with acts inspired by extreme sports and competitive acrobatics. Over 100 performers from 13 countries will participate.
“We wanted to create a show that keeps pace with modern families and caters to the ‘edge-of-the-seat’ thrill that parents and kids are seeking in live entertainment,” said producer Nicole Feld.
- Xtreme sports display featuring BMX freestyle riders, energetic parkour performers, trampoline acrobats and slack line gymnastics tricks
- Caravan of Camels – the only act of it’s kind in the world featuring 6 twin-humped Bactrian camels
- Bungee skydivers aerial acro-ballet
- World’s youngest human cannonball, Gemma “The Jet” Kirby, who has been shot from the cannon over 500 times
- Mongolian Marvels strongmen create a human pyramid with a combined weight of over 880 pounds
Before the show starts, early visitors can see the animals up close, meet performers and try on costumes.
Performances are at 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday; matinees at 11 a.m. Friday and 11 am. and 3 p.m. Saturday; and final shows at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday. Ticket prices range from Ticket prices range from $15 to $65.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: