Thousands of San Diegans will be on the roads on bicycles Friday for the annual Bike to Work event.
The annual ride arranged by the San Diego Association of Governments will include 101 pit stops set up around the county to provide refreshments for the pedaling commuters.
The riders will also get t-shirts and encouragement from volunteers and bike advocates staffing the pit stops between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. Some of the stops will reopen for the afternoon commute, according to SANDAG.
Among the notable pit stops:
- SportRx, 5076 Santa Fe St., which along with partners will provide bike tune-ups.
- The city of Chula Vista will co-host a stop along at E Street and Bay Boulevard with the Living Coast Discovery Center and UTC Aerospace Systems.
- The city of El Cajon will offer coffee, pastries and other treats from area businesses at their pit stop at 221 E. Main Street.
- Sharp Memorial Hospital’s Outpatient Pavilion at 3075 Health Center Drive, where riders will receive free helmets.
- UC San Diego, near the Price Center, which will be one of the largest pit stops.
SANDAG said a ride along the U.S.-Mexico border will commence at 4 p.m. at the San Ysidro trolley station, go to Outlets at the Border, Tijuana River Valley Regional Park and finish at the Casa Familiar at The Front gallery.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: