A charging hoverboard sparked a fire in Coronado Saturday afternoon that caused an estimated $22,500 in damage to a home.
Firefighters were dispatched to the 500 block of C Avenue at 12:42 p.m., where they found smoke coming out of the front door and several windows, Coronado Fire Battalion Chief Perry Peake saiod.
It took two engines and one fire truck about 15 minutes to put the fire out that was limited to the one bedroom where the hoverboard was being charged. No one was injured, Peake said.
Damage was estimated at $15,000 to the contents and $7,500 to the structure of the single family home, Peake said
“There are a lot of electronic devices, but these things seem to be a pretty prevalent cause of fires,” he said.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: