Words Alive will use the books for volunteer reading programs in elementary schools across San Diego.
Amazon’s store at Westfield UTC is offering five children’s books at reduced prices that customers can then donate to Words Alive. The books are:
- “Curious George: 75th Anniversary Edition” ($11)
- “A Bear Called Paddington” ($7)
- “Elephant & Piggie: A Big Guy Took My Ball” ($8)
- Roald Dahl’s “George’s Marvelous Medicine” ($7)
- “Madeline” board book ($7)
In addition to individual donations, representatives from Words Alive will select 100 books of their choice at the bookstore on World Book Day.
“Amazon is excited to celebrate reading with the San Diego community and the many kids that will benefit from these donations,” the company said.
The annual day promotes reading around the world and was first celebrated in 1995.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: